Friday, May 18, 2007

REACH OUT AND READ - ROCKS!


Here's the picture of yours truly that ran in Publishers Weekly as a "Pic Of The Day", which made my parents finally admit that I really had a book published.


I donated a bunch of Pond Scum for Reach Out And Read to give to pediatricians, who then give them out to patients all over the U.S.

Here's what I think about ROR:

1) Great cause.

2) Amazing people (Hi Jackie!)


3) They gave me a great baseball cap - red! (not to be confused with a R
ed Sox cap)

4) They are headquartered in Boston!


Anyway - cool red hat or no hat - it's always nice to give something back and get books into hands of kids.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was at a book fair the other day, and there was a great, huge pile of copies of the Pond Scum paperback, and people were buying copies. I told a few of them that they should go online and visit your blog.... :)

SilberBook-Blog said...

YOU are more than just "the Queen" - now you are Supreme Chancellor!

(thanks A. I appreciate the plug - and considering the source, I am beaming)

p.s. I heard that Scholastic Book Fair bought a slew of 'em, so I'm glad to see the books are getting seen!

Greg Pincus said...

Alan -- I just tagged ya with a meme over here!

I did it cuz I just know you need things to do... .